Advertise With Us

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Former Liverpool fullback says Kenny Dalglish is the perfect match

Alvaro Arbeloa has thanked Kenny Dalglish - for making him love watching Liverpool again.

Alvaro Arbeloa The Spanish defender left Anfield for Real Madrid in 2009, and while his affection for the club never withered, he admits there were times when being a supporter became 'difficult'.

"Always when I can, I try to watch Liverpool," Arbeloa told SI.com.

"This past season at the beginning it was a little bit difficult and when they have changed the manager, I think they have improved a lot and finished better.

"So I am supporting them and when I was there I was really, really happy and the supporters were good to me.

"I think the style under Roy Hodgson, they played maybe too many long balls.

"I think Liverpool is the type of team that has to play more football. Technically they have some really good players and they need to play more football. I think with Kenny Dalglish, who was one of the best players in the history of Liverpool, they look more confident and they improved a lot."

Read more: Liverpool FC Official

Stay tune for more news and follow me on Twitter.

0 comments:

Advertise With Us