Advertise With Us

Friday, July 25, 2008

Sebastian Leto keen on Greek move

Sebastian LetoLiverpool winger Sebastian Leto is eyeing a loan move to Olympiacos as his stay at Liverpool has been placed in doubt because of a passport fiasco.

The Argentinian winger has been told by Reds boss Rafa Benitez that he can leave Anfield on a temporary deal.



I spoke with the people of the club [Liverpool] and our decision is to leave the club and to play somewhere else on loan for one season. I have to play football next season.

My agents are in Athens. They speak with Olympiacos for my loan.

Their manager, Ernesto Valverde called me. He told me that he is really interested in having me at his team. He told me about his thoughts and everything. For me it’s really important to have a manager who speaks my language. - Setanta Sports


Elsewhere, Aston Villa has issued a deadline warning for Gareth Barry's transfer to Liverpool. Martin O’Neill admits he could throw boo-boy Gareth Barry into the lion’s den as Aston Villa look to come through Saturday’s Intertoto Cup clash with Odense BK.

Barry’s participation would not cup-tie the midfielder if he then moved to Liverpool, but O’Neill warned The Reds he is getting fed up with their procrastination.

Villa have reportedly demanded £17 million plus Steve Finnan for their captain, and O’Neill moaned that Liverpool’s lack of reply has hindered his own transfer plans.

Meanwhile, Rafael Benitez has completed the signing of French striker David Ngog from Paris St Germain.

The highly-rated 19-year-old has penned a four-year contract at Anfield for an undisclosed fee and he is Liverpool's fourth signing of the summer.

YNWA,
Red's Fury™

0 comments:

Advertise With Us