Text Link Ads

Advertise With Us

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Rafa makes Ngog his fourth signing

David NgogA deal of £1.5million for a French teenager, David Ngog, has been accepted by Paris Saint Germain. Should the proposed deal go through later this week as expected Ngog will join up with his new team-mates after they have returned to Melwood from their Swiss training camp on Wednesday.

Rafa Benitez is ready to make the 19-year-old his fourth signing of the summer, coming hot on the heels of the acquisitions of Philipp Degen, Andrea Dossena and Diego Cavalieri, as he re-shapes his squad for the coming season.

Ngog, the 19-year-old cousin of Jean Alain Boumsong, the former Rangers and Newcastle defender, has been told by PSG coach Paul Le Guen that he could leave the club after he refused to sign a new contract.
Born in the Parisian suburb of Gennevilliers, Ngog has come through the ranks at PSG and made his debut last season.

Ngog arrival has signalled the end of the road for Andriy Voronin, who has interested Borussia Dortmund. Although, the Ukrainian has shown a glimpse of form during the pre season friendlies with two goals so far but Rafa still need to raise fund to capture his transfer targets before the new season kick-off.

Rafa Benitez is looking for more pace, movement and variety from his side in attack in the forthcoming season and the impending capture of Ngog fits into that strategy.

The move for the striker has no bearing on Liverpool’s bid to sign Robbie Keane and though the move for the Irishman is taking longer to be completed than first expected, senior Anfield figures remain confident a deal will be struck this week.


YNWA,
Red's Fury™

Related Posts:

  • Liverpool completes the signing of Fulham defenderLiverpool have today completed the signing of Paul Konchesky on a four-year contract. The 29-year-old full-back moves to Anfield from Fulham after agreeing terms with the Reds and passing a medical. Youngsters Lauri Dalla … Read More
  • Fulham full back on the verge of Anfield switchFulham’s Paul Konchesky is set for a move to Liverpool and is believed to be travelling to Merseyside for a medical this weekend. The 29 year-old Englishman is expected to cost Liverpool around £4million and will see him li… Read More
  • Video: Javier Mascherano unveiled at BarcelonaJavier Mascherano has been unveiled at the Nou Camp after completing his transfer from Liverpool to Barcelona.   The Argentine midfielder passed a medical at the Nou Camp earlier today and has now put pen to paper on … Read More
  • Carragher week: 1 career, 23 picturesBy Paul Hassall of Liverpoolfc.tv Jamie Carragher will mark his 15th season as a first-team player with Liverpool in a testimonial versus an Everton XI on Saturday - here's his career to-date in 23 great pictures. … Read More
  • Liverpool on the brinks into administrationTom Hicks and George Gillett's ill-starred reign as owners of Liverpool looks like having less than a month to run after the club's loans with Royal Bank of Scotland were placed into its toxic-assets division. The deadline … Read More

2 comments:

Mal said...

Hi Reds Fury. I've added a link to your blog on mine.
Red in Dublin

Unknown said...

Thank you for visiting, Mal...

Your link will be added to my site shortly.

YNWA...

Advertise With Us

Text Link Ads