Text Link Ads

Advertise With Us

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

City to outbid Hammers for Liverpool midfielder

Contrary to my opinion about bringing Gareth Barry to Anfield, Rafa Benitez still interested in the Villans' midfielder. But to realised this move, the gaffer need to sell before he can buy.

Liverpool just completed the move for Robbie Keane 24 hour ago, which saw three players were sold to capture the high profile Irishman for a club's record fee £20.3million, the second most expensive signing. Rafa will continue to reshape the Liverpool squad and the latest news coming from the Daily Mail suggests Yossi Benayoun is to be offload to the highest bidder.

Manchester City have made a £6million bid for the Israel midfielder, all but ending West Ham's hopes of re-signing Benayoun. The profit of £1million proved to be to good to reject as money are very hard to come by at Anfield this summer. The Hammers are unlikely to match City's bid, who sold Benayoun to the Reds at £5million, a year ago.

With Benayoun set to join Voronin, Pennant, Itandje and Arbeloa at the exit door. Liverpool still fall short of two pacy and creative out-and-out wingers. I strongly suggest that Rafa should move for winger rather than signing another midfielder.

Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against Barry but it wasn't just my opposition for his acquisition. The poll setup here received 47 'NO' from 108 voters, that we shouldn't sign him while Alonso is much better player than Barry.

YNWA,
Red's Fury™

Related Posts:

  • Forget Barry and lets move onThe transfer saga has been dragged on whole summer and the new season is just one month away. I hope Rafa reconsider the position of Xabi Alonso as Juventus seems to have cool down on the deal. Now with Arsenal coming in for … Read More
  • Sebastian Leto keen on Greek moveLiverpool winger Sebastian Leto is eyeing a loan move to Olympiacos as his stay at Liverpool has been placed in doubt because of a passport fiasco.The Argentinian winger has been told by Reds boss Rafa Benitez that he can lea… Read More
  • Olympiacos in for VoroninOlympiacos have made contact with Liverpool for striker Andriy Voronin. The Ukrainian has been linked with a move away from Anfield this summer is also interesting, Bundesliga outfits, Borussia Dortmund and Hamburg.Rafa is ke… Read More
  • Reds' quadruplet near Liverpool exitLiverpool's gaffer, Rafa Benitez keen to recover as much as possible from this summer transfer window after splashing £18million on Robbie Keane to financed his other targets.Four Reds' players reportedly heading for Anfield … Read More
  • Robbie set for AnfieldWhich Robbie? Of course not Robbie Fowler, it's Robbie Keane who is set to sign for Liverpool. Rafa Benitez hopes to hand Keane his Liverpool debut at Rangers next Saturday.The striker’s dream transfer moved a step closer on … Read More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sad to see Benayoun go if he does get snapped up by another club. He may not have pace, but he is quite crafty and showed that he is not out of place in the Liverpool side.

What is more worrying now is that if Benitez is so busy getting rid of squad players to fund his transfer targets, and ends up getting none, the squad is starting to look awfully thin for the new season.

Unknown said...

With Leto unable to get a working permit, Yossi will be staying put at Anfield.

YNWA

Anonymous said...

That is brilliant news. Their preseason form has been terrific so far, hope it carries over to the new season.

Advertise With Us

Text Link Ads