Match Preview: Liverpool v Sevilla

The Reds will return to Champions League action on Wednesday when they face Sevilla at Anfield.

Liverpool held by Sevilla in Champions League opener

Liverpool began their Champions League group stage campaign with a 2-2 draw with Sevilla at Anfield on Wednesday.

Match Day: Liverpool 1-1 Burnley

Liverpool endured a frustrating afternoon at Anfield as they were held to a 1-1 draw by Burnley on Saturday.

Goal Highlights: Liverpool 1-1 Burnley

Liverpool is keen to make up for the frustration of Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Burnley.

Advertise With Us

Monday, July 11, 2011

Video: Liverpool legend arrived at Thailand

Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler will extend his playing career with a move to play for Thailand league side Muang Thong United.

Fowler, 36, parted company with Australian A-League side Perth Glory last month and has now signed up to move to the Thai Premier League.

Muang Thong general manager Ronnarit Suewaja said: 'He agreed to play with Muang Thong United as a forward.

Source: Liverpool FC Official, Daily Mail

Video source: WongchaumPanu

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Liverpool given green light to sign Lyon fullback

All the press and media rumours of Liverpool FC wants a left-back but from my perspectives Emiliano Insua should be given the chance next season.

Aly Cissokho Aly Cissokho could become the answer to Liverpool's left-back problems after Lyon revealed they are willing to listen to offers.

Reds boss Kenny Dalglish is desperate to bring in a new left-sided defender after being forced to play Glen Johnson out of position at times last season.

After seeing his top target Gael Clichy join Manchester City, he is now looking at a number of alternatives.

Reports in France suggest one of them is Lyon's Cissokho and that a bid is imminent.

Lyon coach Remi Garde told L'Equipe that Liverpool have not yet made an offer for the 23-year-old, but he was prepared to consider any approaches.

'Aly is an important player for us, but if an offer matches our expectation, he is likely to go,' said Garde.

The French club are known to be short of cash and it is thought they are prepared to accept a bid of just £8million, despite paying £13million to sign Cissokho from Porto in 2009.

Liverpool are also believed to be interested in Newcastle United left back Jose Enrique, but face competition from Arsenal for the Spaniard's signature.

This story has been reproduced from the media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Source: Liverpool FC Official, Metro

Stay tune for more news and follow me on Twitter.

Gunners to hijack Liverpool transfer target

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is plotting to hijack Liverpool's bid to buy £15million England winger Stewart Downing from Aston Villa.

Wenger will swoop for Downing, 26, as a ready-made replacement for Frenchman Samir Nasri, who will complete a £25million move to Manchester City when he returns from Arsenal's pre-season tour to Asia.

Arsenal's manager has vowed to keep Nasri at the Emirates but the 24-year-old has just a year left on his Arsenal contract and sources close to the deal are convinced a move will be agreed.

While Wenger will have to cope with another high-profile departure when Barcelona make a final and almost certainly decisive £35million bid for club captain Cesc Fabregas, the Arsenal manager has been
authorised by his directors to spend the full £60million Arsenal are expected to raise from selling their two stars.

Read more: Liverpool FC Official, Daily Mail

This story has been reproduced from the media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Stay tune for more news and follow me on Twitter.

Black Cats to pounce on Aqua

There are reports Liverpool could send unsettled Alberto Aquilani to Sunderland for £14million after his move to Juventus fell through.

The Italy international said several times he wanted to remain in Serie A, but the Bianconeri did not take up their option after a season there on loan.

Alberto Aquilani It's now reported Sunderland are willing to pay £14million to take Aquilani off Liverpool's hands.

The Black Cats are said to be in negotiations with the Anfield side, beating competition from Tottenham.

Aquilani showed in his season at Juve that he has recovered from the numerous injury problems that plagued the last few years at Roma and Liverpool.

This story has been reproduced from the media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Source: Liverpool FC Official, Football Italia

Stay tune for more news and follow me on Twitter.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Weekend Links: Flanagan signs new contract, Jordan and Adam numbers set, Jovanovic meets with Anderlecht, and many more.

Defender John Flanagan today (Friday) signed a new long-term contract at Liverpool. Read more here. (liverpoolfc.tv)

 

New signings Jordan Henderson and Charlie Adam have had their squad numbers confirmed. Read more here. (liverpoolfc.tv)

 

Serbian holds talks in bid to end Anfield nightmare. Read more here. (Sky Sports)

 

Denmark international yet to be told if he will be sold. Read more here. (Sky Sports)

 

Do Liverpool really need him upon his return? Read more here. (Our Kop.com)

 

Glen Johnson revealed his delight at signing an extension to his Liverpool contract. Read more here.

 

Liverpool midfielder at risk of summer clearance. Read more here.

 

Defender insists money no motivation to Arsenal exit. Read more here. (Sky Sports)

 

Kenny Dalglish is looking forward to Charlie Adam replicating his Blackpool heroics in a Liverpool shirt next season. Read more here. (liverpoolfc.tv)

 

Dalglish excited by Adam arrival. Read more here. (ESPN)

 

Why Liverpool will not be in the market for a new left-back? Read more here.

 

Stories from the internet. Enjoy your weekends.

Stay tune for more news and follow me on Twitter.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Liverpool midfielder at risk of summer clearance

Liverpool FC completed the signing of Charlie Adam from Blackpool late Thursday evening. Adam becomes Liverpool’s second signings this summer.

While Liverpool has added two new central midfielders in their roster, clearly someone has to go. Raul Meireles is the midfielder most vulnerable as Liverpool stockpile central midfielders.

Raul Meireles Technically Meireles was excellent. But aggressively he was lacking. Based on last season he won 38 tackles and lost 20. And in the English Premier League that’s not good enough.

Charlie Adam isn’t renowned for his tackling. But Adam still won 162 tackles last term.

Meireles is also 28-years-old – and demanding improved terms on his contract.

Italian giants, Juventus and Inter Milan are reportedly monitoring Meireles’ situation at Anfield closely. Liverpool failure to strike a deal with Juventus for Alberto Aquilani after a season loan has increased the possibility of Meireles’ exit.

Even though, Meireles has a good first season with Liverpool, he looks the most likely to make way in the great Anfield shake up this summer.

This story has been reproduced from the media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Source: Liverpool Echo

Stay tune for more news and follow me on Twitter.

Rumour Mill: Liverpool to back in with an improved deal for Downing

Liverpool will follow up the signing of Charlie Adam with an improved offer for Stewart Downing - but they still face a fight to persuade Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish to sell the England winger.

Villa turned down Liverpool's opening £15million bid and BBC Sport understands they are refusing even to consider a price for Downing, despite speculation that they will sell for £20million.

Downing is expected to hold further talks about his future with McLeish on Friday and Liverpool's improved offer, likely to be around £18million, could even have arrived by then.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is keen to make the 26-year-old his third signing of the summer after concluding a deal for Sunderland's Jordan Henderson and completed the signing for Blackpool's Adam, and the player is eager to make the move to Anfield, particularly since talks on an extended contract at Villa Park stalled.

Read more: BBC Sport

This story has been reproduced from the media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Stay tune for more news and follow me on Twitter.

Adam completes Liverpool move

Scottish midfielder Charlie Adam has completed his move to Liverpool.

Adam Signs The former Blackpool man put pen to paper on his new contract on Thursday afternoon after successfully completing a medical.

With speculation rife for months that the Scottish midfielder would be on his way to Merseyside, Adam is now happy to focus on the future and play his part in the club's quest for honours.

John Powell Picture    06/06 2011
Manager Kenny Dalglish with his new signing Charlie Adam.

Adam silenced the Kop last season by netting a penalty at the Kop end during Blackpool's shock 2-1 Anfield victory - but now he's looking forward to instead putting smiles on the faces of Liverpool fans.

One thing Adam could be forgiven for is feeling a sense of relief at no longer having to face a daily bombardment of messages on his Twitter account from fans desperate for a transfer update.

Source: Liverpool FC Official

Stay tune for more news and follow me on Twitter.

Advertise With Us